Pacific University – Hillsboro, OR | 2018 – 2021
- Doctorate of Occupational Therapy
Portland State University – Portland, OR | 2014-2016
- Bachelor of Science Major: Health Science; Double Minor: Aging Services and Gender, Queer, and Sexuality Studies
Portland Community College, Portland, OR | 2011 – 2014
- Associate of Science
New Narrative – Tigard, OR
Resident Support Specialist | 5/2021 to Present
- Provides adult individuals disabled by serious mental illness with supportive services.
- Assists individuals with activities of daily living and individual goals dependent on their Residential Service Plan.
- Leads resident activities and life skills groups.
- Oversees facility safety, sanitation, and cleanliness.
- Distributes medication in accordance with physicians’ orders, and New Narrative policies and procedures.
- Ensures individuals’ rights are being protected.
- Assists in crisis intervention, respite, and hospitalization.
- Documents all meaningful interactions, as well as critical incidents, in a timely manner.
Oregon State Hospital – Salem, OR
Occupational Therapist Internship | 1/2021 to 3/2021
- Served mental health populations with conditions including schizophrenia, schizoaffective, psychosis, mood, and personality disorders as well as those with a history of substance abuse and trauma through independently conducting evaluation assessments, leading therapeutic groups, and 1-1 interventions.
- Completed accurate and timely documentation, and contributed to treatment plans in collaboration with the interprofessional team.
- Student project included development of a social games and activities program plan to develop social skills and increase social competence to help patients apply skills to their forensic process and reintegrate into community living and a team in-service presentation.
Adventist Home Health – Portland, OR
Occupational Therapist Internship | 8/2020 to 11/2020
- Served home-bound adults with conditions related to increased age, cognitive and neurological disorders, cardiopulmonary conditions, and musculoskeletal disorders through independently conducting evaluation assessments, providing education on home modification, safety, fall prevention, therapeutic exercise, caregiver training
- Completed accurate and timely documentation demonstrating skill, reasonable, and necessary services and contributed to treatment and discharge plans in collaboration with the interprofessional team
- Student project included development of a handout with clear images and descriptions on commonly recommended adaptive equipment for patients to increase safety and functional mobility within their homes and a team in-service presentation
CareOregon – Portland, OR
Panel Coordinator at Rose City Urgent Care and Family Practice and Oregon City Medical | 2/2018 to 7/2018
- Proactively identified patients by running panel reports and scrubbing charts for specific diagnosis and preventive care needs and scheduled patients and follow-up.
- Coordinated services for all patients who were part of the assigned panel, focused on gaps in care and clinic identified strategies for specified populations including those with serious, complex or chronic health problems or with psychosocial issues.
- Communicated with patients directly to discuss preventative care needs and referred patients with medical concerns to appropriate clinical staff.
- Tracked progress for assigned clinic on population performance of key clinical quality metrics.
- Gained knowledge of barriers to care such as language, transportation, ability to cope and self-advocate and bring these to the attention of the care team.
Rose City Urgent Care and Family Practice – Portland, OR
Patient Outreach Coordinator | 4/2017 to 2/2018
- Provided outreach to the panel of FamilyCare patients assigned to the clinic to establish care and schedule preventative care services.
- Reviewed medical record information to identify gaps in care to ensure high quality service and patient care coordination.
- Coordinated with providers, medical assistants, and other care team members, working actively to ensure quality metrics were exceeded.
- Ensured that all patients were tracked, and that data was entered into systems for follow-up and reporting, utilizing multiple medical records systems to update health maintenance status.
National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) – Portland, OR
Lead Patient Services Coordinator in Community Health Clinics | 11/2016 to 4/2017
- Provided patient check in and scheduling services through EPIC and ensured patient registrations, insurance information, consent, and demographics are up to date.
- Verified insurance coverage benefits, accurately entered insurance data into EPIC and assisted with explanation of charity finance options to patients.
- Provided direct support for doctors, practitioners, and students regarding clinic services, materials, and patient care.
- Maintained inventory for medical and office supplies and transported supplies and records to and from clinic sites as needed.
Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) – Portland, OR
Administrative Assistant/PAS Specialist in Clinical Transplant | 8/2007 to 5/2010
- Provided administrative support coverage in various clinical transplant departments: Renal Kidney/Pancreas, Liver and Heart/Lung offices.
- Contacted transplant patients for collection of demographics and scheduling initial and follow-up appointments.
- Medical record handling such as pulling charts and viewing electronic charts in EMR to gather necessary information in order to complete transplant program requirements.
- Requested patient’s lab results from various collection facilities and completed data entry of results into transplant department EMR system for nurses to review.
- Administrative duties such as filing charts and filing paperwork into charts, preparing and mailing out clinic appointment reminder cards, scheduling appointments, photocopying and preparing new patient and education packets and mailings.
- Friendly Visitor SAGE Program
- Office assistance
- Event setup, running, and clean up
- Garden Build Volunteer
- Build Program
- Build Volunteer
- Available by request
- BLS & First Aid
- Covid Precautions
- Bloodborne Pathogen Awareness
- HIPAA Compliance
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Preventing Medicare Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- Identifying and Assessing Victims of Elder Abuse